(For Captains or Managers only) Individuals please scroll down for Individual Waiver form
Online payments click here: PAY ONLINE
Team Roster (For Team Captains only)
- 1 Drummer
- 1 Steersperson – Teams can provide their own certified steersperson; if a team does not have a steersperson, one will be provided
- Paddlers: Min 16 – Teams must have a minimum of 8 female paddlers
Individual Waiver (to be completed by each team member)
Individual Waiver and Release of Liability
Welland Dragon Boat Festival, Welland, Ontario
In consideration of electing to participate in the Welland Dragon Boat Festival the race training, events, and competition, on or before June 8th, 2024 in Welland, Ontario, I:
- Understand that prior to participating, the facilities and equipment to be used may be inspected, and if anything is believed to be unsafe, shall notify the team captain, who shall immediately advise the sterns man of such condition(s). The undersigned may elect to not participate until the unsafe condition(s) is/are corrected.
- Acknowledge and fully understand that I shall be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from my actions, inactions, the negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises, or of any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known to me or reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- Assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages and social and economic losses following such accident, injury, permanent disability or death.
- Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue or make claims against the Welland Dragon Boat Festival and organizers, coaches, trainers, sterns people, other employees, agents, and volunteers of these organizations, other participants, sponsoring agencies, advisors, advertisers, the City of Welland, and Alkame Dragon Boat Services Members, Employees and any associates to Alkame Dragon Boat Services, all of which are hereinafter referred to as the “releases”, from any liability to the undersigned for any and all claims, demands, losses, or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by any action of these releases.
- Agree that an approved life jacket will be worn, properly fastened at all times, while in the boat and assume all responsibility for being informed of all safety rules and to abide by all such rules related to the activity.
North Course | 16 Townline Tunnel Rd, Welland ON, Canada L3C 2T4