Niagara Immigrant Mentorship Program
What is the Niagara Immigrant Mentorship Program?
The Niagara Immigrant Mentorship Program addresses the unique needs of Internationally Trained Professionals and Skilled Trades Persons in the Niagara Peninsula by providing employment information, learning and mentoring opportunities. This is achieved through networking, one-on-one counselling, the Mentorship Program, and access to other employment resources.
Our clients immigrate to Canada from around the world. They come with exceptional education and credentials. However, the process of securing employment within their profession can be a long process for these reasons:
* Their credentials may not yet be recognized in Canada.
* They need to become familiar with the Canadian workforce.
* The need to know the vocation-specific terminology in Canada.
* They need to develop a professional network in Canada.
BENEFITS FOR NEW CANADIANS
* Learn about their occupation/field of work in Canada
* Gain an awareness of licensing procedures
* Acquire specific work-related vocabulary
* Receive support and encouragement
* Networking opportunities
BENEFITS FOR MENTORS
* Learn about your profession or trade from an international perspective
* Professional development, enhanced leadership skills
* Contribute to the labour force growth and economic development of Niagara
* Increase cross-cultural awareness
* Receive recognition for community volunteer service
* Make a difference
How to Enrol in the Mentorship Program:
Carlos Sarmiento by phone at 905-732-5337 ext 30
Joanne Maltby Perrone by phone at 906-732-5337 ext 28