Community Connections Volunteers
Discover the world in your community and make an impact.
Be part of our welcoming community that will facilitate the full participation of newcomers to Canada in Canadian society. Whether you already know what it’s like to arrive to a new country, or simply have the desire to share your culture and help welcome newcomers, participating in Community Connections will quickly show you the contributions of newcomers to our community.
Many opportunities exist for you to connect with newcomers to Canada and make a world of difference:
• Connect to help practice English conversation
• Connect to help newcomers learn about your profession in Canada
• Connect to enjoy cultural exchange
• Connect through facilitating a conversation cafe, homework club, or teach your cultural heritage through cooking, art, music, etc.
• Connect through attending our seniors or youth group
• Connecting through attending our community events and meet your new neighbours
You can volunteer for an hour a week, or on a one-time basis through facilitating a group activity. Please check our events calendar for more information about these activities. We would love to hear your ideas about how we can facilitate community connection for newcomers to Canada.
Whether you have time to volunteer today or hope to in the future, you can always make our community a welcoming place for newcomers! We hope to see you at our next community event.